LEE ANNE WONG'S SHOYU 'AHI POKE
Date: 26th July 2020
Shoyu ʻAhi Poke – Lee Anne Wong
- 1 lb sashimi grade boneless fish (ahi, salmon or marlin)
- 4 oz Onion, sliced thin and rinsed
- 2 green onions, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shoyu
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 heavy pinch of red alae sea salt
- 1 tablespoon inamona (kukui nut), or toasted chopped macadamia nuts
Dice your fish into 3/4″ cubes. Slice your onion thin, going along the grain and rinse well under cold water.
Mix the fish with the sliced onion and chopped green onions.
In a separate bowl, stir the shoyu, sesame oil and sugar together until dissolved, pour over the poke.
Sprinkle a pinch of alae sea salt and mix well.
Transfer to a serving plate or bowl, sprinkle with inamona or chopped macadamia nuts. Refrigerate and serve within 24 hours or enjoy immediately!